Friday, March 6, 2009

From the workshop....


I have always enjoyed looking for and buying gifts for other people. I always want to find a perfect gift that shows that person that I took the time to really think about something they would like or something that would be useful to them....maybe something they had not thought about for themselves. I am quite sure I missed the mark more than once but I try....having said that I have always been jealous of people that have a special talent that allows them to give a gift that not only shows thought and caring but also that someone has invested personal time into creating a gift. Adam has been very lucky to recieve some gifts that have really hit upon this and reminds me that others realize how special he is. Whether it is his llama quilt from Jordan, hand knit hat from Mrs. H, his ADAM name wall hanging from Aunt Jill, bibs from of course, Nana, the list goes on, it means so very much to me that people take the time to use their talents (ones that I am greatly lacking) for Adam. Last weekend Adam became the 4th special child to recieve a wooden cross made in his Uncle Mike's workshop. (The other cross - two are in Minnesota with 2 equally special little boys and one in Beanie's room.) I of course was secretly HOPING that Adam was going to be next on the list...had even planned hanging of things in his room....glad Uncle Mike came through...:)

But that's not all.....there was something else...from the workshop....something I had not planned for but apparently has been in the "planning" for a while. There have been a few "gifts" in my life that have caused me to stop...swallow hard....and force myself to hold it together. This was one of those times. As you can see from the pics it is a long piece (matching the cross) with 3 clocks set to different times....one set to Kazakhstan time, one to China time, and middle one of course to HOME! The 3 most special places in the world to me - the two places where my children were/will be born and of course, HOME, where we will all finally be together. (I could have used this that month in between trips as I was always stopping to figure out what time it was in Kaz and what Adam was doing...!) It means alot to me that others recognize that Kazakhstan and China are important to our family....they are not random places on a map anymore...

No comments: