

For the last week I have been following the blog of a family that is in China to bring home their adorable little boy. I "met" this mom online. Their log in date was about a month after ours but they made the decision last summer to open their application to special needs as well. I enjoy reading these blogs because it helps me understand what we have in store for us when we travel to China...some day! Although we have been down the international adoption road with Adam, every country is very different in the process. I get chills (and often times tears) every time I read someone's account of meeting "their" child for the first time. Reading this has made me think back to those weeks in Karaganda, meeting Adam for the first time, etc. It is still hard to believe we were there 28 days! Earlier today I was rereading some of the postings (and noticing some of my spelling and grammar errors) and some of the emails I received while we were over there. Yes, there are some I have kept because they are so special to me and hope to share them with Adam some day. I was looking through some pictures trying to find one and came across one I know I never posted that I thought I would share. This was sitting in the hotel the waiting for our ride to the airport...headed home from trip #1. (It is one of the only pictures inside the hotel...we just never thought to take any!) By this point we were all ready to get back to the USA but we were leaving our 3 babies behind....We had spent every day together and knew things about each other that I am guessing even our closest family and friends don't know...and probably shouldn't - ha ha! But we will always be bonded together...our 3 kids all lived together in the same room for the first 7 months of life, were each other's first brothers and sister, and these picture in the photo were the first people to meet Adam as "our son"...
Oh and the other pic....Jim must have done that at some point....who knows!

No comments:
Post a Comment