Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Day #2

Hi everyone! It's ADAM!! Sorry I have not posted earlier but I have been quite busy!! I need to go back a few days to remember everything....

Sunday our plane from Chicago was late leaving - by like 25 min but we all slept! We were the last of the plane and one of the flight attendants said to Mom and Dad, "Is that he your Christmas present?" Any guesses what they said?? When we arrived...OH MY GOSH!!! I was more than a little surprised to see so many people that had come to see me (notice...not Mom and Dad....but ME!) My parents were quite shocked too because there were people that had driven great distances, skipped work, and/or broke bedtime to come see me!! They knew a couple people were coming but....there were some surprises for sure! Mommy had told me that there was lots of people excited to meet me but I did not believe it until then! Mommy was still not doing so great but she and Daddy had waited for this moment for so long...I think I saw Mommy tear up a bit...but I don't think it was sad tears...ADULTS...I don't get them sometimes!! By the way....Mom is doing better each day...they think it was not the flu but rather food posioning....don't eat Happy Meals in the Germany Airport....you won't be so happy afterwards!!

I was pretty good in the carseat....until we got about 1/2 mile from home but....I was super happy to be able to crawl all over...there is so much space to move!! Nana and Dad sent Mom to bed and the two of them got to take care of me on and off all night. But Monday AM Mom was feeling a little better...and we had lots of fun guests! I got some super cool gifts...BUT I liked the tissue paper and the boxes best! Those are just so much fun! I did really well sleeping in my crib - like 6 hours straight! My parents were SOOOO proud...I did hear them say they would be have been even prouder had it been AT NIGHT INSTEAD OF THE MIDDLE OF THE DAY! I tried to remind them that to ME it was the middle of the night! Oh well!

When I woke up I had a suprise...MY FURNITURE IS NOW ALL HERE!! YEE HAW!! Two men brought my dresser/changing table and bookcase. It was a little scary watching them carry the stuff up stairs but I was not about to help out...it looked heavy! One of the men that brought the furniture was the the same man that made my crib and devolped the organic finish that is on all of my furniture! I thought that was pretty cool and Nana was going to see if she could get a picture of him with me but he is Amish and we don't think he would have agreed to that. Anyways it was cool to meet him! Now my furniture is airing out before we start filling all the shelves and drawers. I know my mom and nana are dying to get started on that...they like to organize things.

So...after my mid afternoon slumber I was not so tired at bedtime...infact I spent half the night playing with dad, then mom and dad, then mom....They are holding out hope that I will sleep at some point...hmmm I just don't want to miss anything!

So that is pretty much how things are going so far. Pretty busy few days here so far! There are some pics from yesterday but they are on Dad's camera. We have not seen any pics from the airport BUT I know there are TONS....You should have SEEN the flashes....yikes! It is rough being so popular!!

No comments: