Well….a little over 12 hours of parenthood….and we have learned:
1. Adam can laugh LOUDLY!
2. Adam can “talk” LOUDLY! (much more than he did a month ago)
3. Adam can cry LOUDLY!!..some might even call it a scream! (which makes his mommy about cry too because he seems like he is in pain!!)
To explain the AM…apparently the kids and 2 escorts (yes, that is 3 babies, 3 bags, and 2 adults…) flew here last night on the 11 PM flight. Guess who did not sleep the entire trip….!?!?! We have no idea where they stayed but at 7:15 AM as we were getting ready there was knock at the door….When Jim asked who it was and the voice replied…we both looked at each other like – HUH? We opened up and there they were – all 3 of them, snowsuits and all. It took a minute and finally we saw the smile we had grown accustomed to greeting us every day in Karaganda. Yes, AJ, I believe he remembered. We gave the escorts the BAGS of donations and they were quite pleased. We tore off the snowsuit to find quite an outfit underneath..no pink but it was quickly changed nonetheless…
We headed down to breakfast around 8:30 AM. Once the kids saw the porridge on the table there was no stopping them.
At 10:00 AM we headed to the SOS Clinic for his check up. Well, Adam had already had a little too much excitement for one day and decided to scream the whole way there. As our facilitator said, “At least it is a short trip!” Once we got there, got out of the car, he stopped and fell right to sleep. Go figure!
The visit to the clinic was quick and simple. Regulations have changed and blood work is no long required. Ears, nose, throat, and heart were all checked. The doctor was very nice and her first comment was that he was very “strong”. I asked her to check about his ear since the doctors at the Baby House said he had some ear infections earlier this fall. She said whatever was there is now cleared up!
After the clinic Kari, Judy, Jim and I decided to stop at the mall. Well the “stop” turned in to a lengthy visit. There were many MANY shops wih Kaz items…..Yes, because we need more! (And the worst part is of course after we got back I decided I wanted something I did not buy….I am trying to convince the two guys in my room to go back at some point tomorrow to get them….) We did very well until it was time for a bottle! The newbie mom had packed: extra clothes, extra diapers, extra spoons, extra food, bags for dirty diapers, extra binkies and toys, formula, handwipes, behind paste, bottle to mix formula in, water, etc….what did she NOT have? A BIB! Yes, Nana! It is true! No bib! After the bottle Jim and I (or rather Adam) decided it was time to get out of there…we thought we could walk BUT we discovered someone does NOT like his stroller…NOOOOO he wants carried. If his snowsuit is off, he will sit in it, but if the snowsuit is on – forget it! So we started walking and made it about half way and could not go on so we found a taxi to get the rest of the way.
After coming back for a little bit Karri, Judy, Jim and I (we took the 2 kids too) walked up the street to Assorti which is the chain of pizza/pasta places we went to in Karaganda that was very good. 3 pizzas later….Adam did sit in the high chair and played with the puffs we gave him. He was really not understanding the whole concept as you can see from the picture and I think 1 actually made it in his mouth. He also had some applesauce, which he enjoyed.
We walked around the hotel a little this evening…I really like the Baby Bjorn (Thanks Aunt Jill!!) and he seems to like it too. Of course it takes me 30 min to get it on but….It does not work with the incredible blue snowsuit BUT…We have discussed the need to move to Florida as he HATES his coat and his snowsuit…(Just kidding…Don’t get too excited Georges!)
Sleeping has been a struggle all day today. We got off schedule and the only way he will sleep is if you hold him. As soon as you put him in his bed he starts crying again. We were able to get him to sleep for about 45 min on the regular bed but…Jim is currently holding him and now as I look over…I think they are both asleep! Someone is snoring too…I wonder which one…. He likes sitting and standing in his crib to play. There is not much space in this hotel room so it seems to be the safest place for him to be. He really likes the colored disks that move at the end of his crib….Nana can you see if Summer can add that to his crib? (JUST KIDDING!!!!!!!)
Another discovery….HE LOVES THE COMPUTER!! See he does belong with our family!! He stood in his crib for the entire video – of himself – this evening. He was glued to it….When the screensaver with his pictures came on he was very interested in that as well. Hmm…does he love the computer OR pics of himself!?!?
Uh oh...both of them just woke up….again….

3 comments:
No bibs! How could my grandchild be without bibs? Will add that to my priority sewing list. What about the disposable bibs?
Toys on the ends of the Amish crib!!!! I don't think so. HA! HA! Those craftsmen would never agree to that.
I see he still has his monkey.
Toys on the ends of the Amish crib!!!! I don't think so. HA! HA! Those craftsmen would never agree to that.
I see he still has his monkey.
Post a Comment