Thursday, December 11, 2008

Thursday...take 2

7:45 PM

Again….Adam is sleeping and so is dad!  I had taken Adam down to the restaurant with Karri, Judy, and EvaLinn to try to give Dad time to sleep (so he could be up tonight – ha ha)….well after Adam had his cereal and green beans (Yes, he will now eat them if mixed with cereal) he did not want to sit there…so I walked him in his stroller in circles for a while.  That too got old and I brought him back to the room and handed him to dad so I could get the stroller out of the hallway…by the time I got back Adam was asleep.  So we will see how long this lasts!!

Not much to report since we stayed inside all day…we were trying to keep him on his schedule.  HA!  That did not work at all!!  But I have decided to go with the flow since his world is going to be turned upside down in about 72 hours!

We did have a little episode today after we realized for the second time he had gotten his outfit wet…Jim was changing him and there he went.  Literally…Adam…not Jim! BUT after I cleaned that up – he did it again.  I am wondering if he has been sneaking drinks somewhere.  So we decided to hose him down in the shower!  While I was waiting for the water to get to the right temperature he spit up on Jim.   I did not laugh….too loud. 

I would like to say that I have a whole new respect for the person that invented links!  AGAIN…WHY did I not think of that??  They are wonderful!!  We are working in very tight quarters here and he has been sitting in his bed a lot to play (there is not much room to safely play without him getting into something…) and we have toys linked all over!  Is a mover and the fact he is happy PLAYING in his bed…helps…notice I said PLAYING as sleeping in his bed is a whole other issue.

10:27 PM

It was another marathon session to get Mr. Adam down to sleep.  He wants held and rocked to sleep but the minute you try to lay him in the crib, he wakes up and starts crying.  I took the first shift at 9:30 PM and by 10 my back was so sore…Jim took over.  He was finally able to get him to sleep…now Jim has some theories on why he falls asleep on HIM faster….but you will have to ask HIM about that.  I am now searching online for a glider as I think we will need it.  One thing we have been told is that even though Adam is almost 9 months old…because he did not have that one-on-one time as a newborn we need to make up for it now.  We have no problem doing that…but since he weighs more than a newborn…..

Tomorrow is our trip to the US Embassy.  Yeah!  I also told Jim this evening we HAVE to get out of the hotel tomorrow…I think we ALL need a little air.  AND we had a little mishap with our “bottle” that we make his formula in…won’t name any names (JIM) but….somehow I don’t think we will be finding an OSU one here…I really think Jim planned it because I bought an OSU one…not Steelers…geez!!  We also think we are going to buy some cereal from here for Adam…we have been using up the box we left here and I am a little nervous about trying to start him on another kind when we are in flight….

No comments: