Thursday, October 23, 2008

Another day....




Lots to post but....I am watching You've Got Mail....how come THEIR dial up is faster than mine?

Started out with a "walk in the park"....got pics from that for later.  Went to our visit this am and someone had a different outfit on again.  He still has a cold...the whole room does.  We went to the play put on by the older kids.  It was all in Russian so we had no idea what was going on - it has animals, singing, some sort of fall theme.  I was pretty amazed at how well behaved the kids were - I am guessing 2-4 years old.  There was one group performing and another group of younger kids had come to watch.  It was kind of funny as they were all dressed up in fancy dresses and ties (with shorts).  We were sitting in the back behind the group of kids that was not participating in the play....there was a little boy sitting next to a little girl.  He kept kicking the little girl and noone could figure out what was going on because they could not see what he was doing to her.  Finally one of the Drs. on in the back saw him do it and tapped him on the shoulder.  The little boy kept looking back at us, looking at our babies, and looking at us. It was very hard to sit there and look at all these 2-4 year olds and think they were not a classroom at school that would go home tonight to mom and dad.  It is hard enough looking at the babies and knowing that, but the older kids....and they look at you with those big eyes that say - I know why you are here and why won't you take me too?  Oh...Makes you pause....I will never forget some of the faces of these kids....

Anyways....The kids did a really nice job.  Now BK on the other hand...he got a little tired of it when there was no music and would squirm.  Of course his parents made a total "new parent move" by taking the keys that make noise to the play.  They went off once and I had to hide them in the cushion.  I handed them to Jim and he hit it again by accident and it went off again.  Oops.  Hey, learning curve people!!  We are new to this!!  (Mental note to self:  no toys that make noise at church!)  The play lasted about 30 minutes and we went back to the room and on cue around 11 AM the 2 middle fingers went in the mouth and Mr. BK thought he was going to go to sleep.....we tried to keep him up but gave up finally at 11:30.  He is getting better at sitting up.  It is hard to make him work on that when we are there because we want to hold him!!

We came back to the hotel quickly to drop off our stuff and the driver took us downtown....and for lunch we had....hamburgers and French fries.  (Bobby:  it came smothered in mayo....you would have LOVED it!!)  Thank goodness the cashier spoke a little English.  It was not too bad....not exactly Max and Ermas BUT.....I was afraid to eat the whole thing just in case.....I will let you know :)  

We then went to Mickey House - as in Mickey Mouse - it is the Kaz Babies R Us...I would really like to find some "authentic" Kaz items...but all the outfits had English all over them!  We bought a snowsuit (One of the families from Spain had it this am and I asked where they got it as it was cute....so much of the stuff here is for girls...so something blue and boyish was a challenge to find).  We were told to bring a snowsuit and BK's cousin Beans gave us one but I kept thinking...Nahhh we wont need it....we will just take it when we go in December.  Ummmm NO!!!  It is about 55 here and every kid I saw downtown had one on!  I am really hoping it will fit him.  We will take it this afternoon and try it.  If not, I might just leave it at the babyhouse for another kid.  They seem to try to take the babies that have not been matched out for a short period of time so they have alot of snowsuits that need to be "updated".  The funny part was we were standing in the room looking at the snowsuit trying to guess what size it was and if it would fit....we went back and forth.....finally a clerk looked at us and in clear English said, "Do you need help?"  So in other words she let us stand there for 10 min guessing about the size....and she knew everything we were saying.  Nice.  We also bought some booties.  The tend to wear a lot of booties on the kids. One thing we noticed was the clothes are not too badly priced but the toys are very expensive.  I was looking at a Fisher Price toy I bought at Kohl's for probably $5.  It was there for like 3500 tenge....which is about $35.  Yeah, guess who is not getting any new toys!  We got a taxi back from downtown and now are just waiting for trip #2.  We passed the big open market and the City Mall on the way to downtown.  We plan to go to those on Sunday's when we can't go to see the kids.  

By the way, I sent out a few emails about BK today and I am not sure if I put the right length - he was  22 in at birth, not 22 cm.  They gave us the info in metric so we had to convert and I get confused sometimes :)   

No comments: