OK - had a question from the BK fan club....about the cars/trucks. There is a variety of cars here. Lots of Audi, Toyota, and Volkswagon. You really see a variety. When we went to the auto parts store yesterday (looking for the electronic store) it was PACKED...and 2 stories. It was like a bunch of little stores within this big building but all auto parts. I think alot of people update their cars rather than buy a new one. (yeah...we would be lost trying to do that!!) In Almaty we saw a Ford dealership. As far as the lines - I looked again and there are a few lines but only on main roads. I think I would have a hard time driving here....you have to be aware of everything around you and be ready to MOVE. Now one thing I saw today that I thought was a great idea was on the traffic lights (well, some of them at least) was a countdown clock....so you are coming to a light and it is green and below (or maybe it was above) there is a digital countdown telling you how many more minutes before the light turns yellow. I think that is a great idea. Then you know if you have time to gas it to get through the light :) That is the report from the road...
Oh and we have not seen MacDonald's since the Amsterdam Airport. (Jim ate there...I did not!) But we have not seen any other fast food places. Of course maybe we did but we just did not know what it said....but we would know those golden arches anywhere!
Kim - found the Internet Cafe today so may try that out some time....
Aunt Jill - Got an email that the new Babies R Us/Toys R Us opens Oct. 24th!
2 comments:
I hope you are not letting Jim Drive. He tends to tailgate and if there are no lines on the street I can only imagine what kind of chaos would ensue.
The pictures of the city/town are really interesting. When can we see some of mom and dad posing with the little bean or shopping in the flea market !!!!
We are reading your blog each day and can't wait to hear more about Baby Kaz. Conner doesn't understand why we have to run home and get on the computer everyday.
Post a Comment